Multiple Checkbox fields

D

Douglas

I successfully installed Dadabik 3.0.

My question is, where is the checkbox option for fields where multiple items can be selected?

I went into the configurator, and these are the only choices I was given for "Field Type": text, textarea, password, insert_date, update_datext, textarea, password, insert_date, update_date, date, select_single, generic_file, image_file, ID_user, unique_ID.

I searched the files in the installation and found the following code in the internal_table.php file:

[code beings]

line 1: $int_fields_ar[2][0] = "Field type:";
line 2: $int_fields_ar[2][1] = "type_field";
line 3: $int_fields_ar[2][2] = "select_custom";
line 4: //$int_fields_ar[2][3] = "text/textarea/password/insert_date/update_date/date/select_single/select_multiple_menu/select_multiple_checkbox/generic_file/image_file/ID_user/unique_ID";
line 5: $int_fields_ar[2][3] = "text/textarea/password/insert_date/update_date/date/select_single/generic_file/image_file/ID_user/unique_ID";

[code ends]

As you can see, on Line 4, the full list of field type options has been commented out. I tried uncommenting Line 4 and re-commenting Line 3, but it didn't even change the original, limited number of options, I originally encountered in the dropdown box in the configurator page.

Checkboxes are mentioned in the documentation about the program's features, but are not present in the documentation about field types. Furthermore, I've seen sample sites that do use checkboxes. See this site for a sample: http://www.coralclub.org/db2/insert.html

Can anyone give me some insight into this issue? I really wanted to use the select multiple menu and checkbox options.

Cheers :)

D

Debbie Sontag

The sample site you reference is still using DaDaBIK V2.2.1 which had the capability of multiple select/checkboxes.

I don't know if Eugenio will be re-implementing this in the upcoming V3.1 due in July 2004.

If you really want those features, I believe I still have the V2.2.1 zip file on my network drive at work and can email it to you so you have those options available until a new version of DaDaBIK is released with them implemented.

Let me know if you want to implement the older version of the program and I will send you the file.

Debbie

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.0)

D

Douglas

Debbie,

Wow! That was quick! You are very kind to offer to send me that file. I'll take you up on the offer.

I will send you an email first to which you can reply with the file ... at your convenience, of course :)

Cheers!

Douglas

E

Eugenio

Debbie Sontag wrote:

> The sample site you reference is still using DaDaBIK V2.2.1
> which had the capability of multiple select/checkboxes.
>
> I don't know if Eugenio will be re-implementing this in the
> upcoming V3.1 due in July 2004.

No, the feature for the moment will not be re-implemented.

I just want to remind that old releases are also available in the Sourceforge page of DaDaBIK: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dadabik/

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.0)

C

corky

Hi again,

I started out with 3.1, and built several systems with it, have been appreciative of the product and the development teams efforts to keep us informed via these forums.

I now find myself among those who need multiple select capability, and I already know from MANY other posts that this would ordinarily require me to revert back to version 2.2.1 or thereabouts.

My question is WHY did these features go away and with so many users posting the need for them, why won't Eugenio spend more time on that issue for inclusion in the next release?

I'd be happy to help work toward a solution in my limited spare time as a testor or coder on such an effort, but if nothing can be done by the dadabik team, can ANYONE help me with any existing hacks for returning multiple select capability to dadabik ver 3.1?

I have a HUGE application already built and in production, with a handful of custom modifications woven into my default dadabik installation. - I'd HATE to have to try and roll back to an earlier, possibly buggy version just to get multiple select capability. My hope is that someone here, quietly reading these posts has already hacked it back INTO 3.1 and that they can point me in the right direction with some code samples, drop in replacement code or something like that.

Come on Debbie and Eugenio - you KNOW we the people are DESPERATE for this function to return to the product LOL - Throw us a bone PLEASE :)

Cheers and thanks as always for making my job easier with Dadabik...

-Corky

P

Paolo Patruno

You can look at the answer in:
http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=2&i=398&t=398

Bye

Paolo

A

alpha2zee

Solved

here

http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=5530&t=5530