DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HTML Link with edit

Posted by darren 
HTML Link with edit
November 24, 2017 02:42PM
Hello,

I started using the "show HTML link" ability on the form configurator which seems to work great, unfortunately I notice that the link only redirects me to the details page, which is okay, but it doesn't allow for the scenario where I want to change something about the record that i connected. As of now, if I wanted to edit the item I am currently viewing on the details page, I would need to "go back" and then search for the item again and then choose edit.

My request is as such

Add a button to the details page that says something like "edit this item" that will redirect to the edit version of the same page
Or have the html link default to the edit page
Or allow a choice between having the html link default to edit or details

Enviroment:

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici pro, installed on 11-07-2017, the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 7.1.11-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1

mysql version: 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Web server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36
Re: HTML Link with edit
November 25, 2017 03:04AM
Hello darren,
you can set the link to go to the edit page by changing this parameter in config.php

$function_link_to_record

Best,

November 25, 2017 12:14PM
I did not see this option before, I thought I read through everything, thank you for telling me.

I still believe you would benefit from a button on the details page that would bring you to the edit version, because I do notice that I want to get more details on a field then I notice something wrong and I then need to exit and find the field again to make changes, making me default to the edit page since it offers all the same info as the details page without the need to perform a search in order to change something.

Thanks again
Re: HTML Link with edit
November 27, 2017 08:01AM
Hello,
thanks for the feedback, adding that button should be easy so we might add it in the next version.

Best,

Click here to login