DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Read Only Mode
October 24, 2017 11:48PM
Please add a read-only permission mode for text fields.

When I set edit to "Yes but disabled" it shows the text field with the text in it. However, the user cannot select and copy the text, which can be very frustrating. In my situation, I don't want them to accidentally change this very important field but they need to copy it.

It might only be relevant to text fields but I think it's important.

Thank you.
Re: Read Only Mode
October 25, 2017 12:13AM
Hello,
thanks for the suggestion, we'll think about it. There is also a "details" page (different from the edit page), where all the fields are "read only" but I guess you already know that.

Best,

October 25, 2017 12:34AM
Yes, thanks. I am familiar with the details page. I'm in an unusual situation where I want users to lock a row by going into edit, then copy a hash that they need elsewhere, enter in some details and then save. When they save, my custom function updates the row to move it to another view, where the data is read-only.

Since the row gets moved to another view, it can be annoying to navigate to that other view and track down the hash. So, it's nice to be able to copy it from the edit screen.

I hope that makes some sense.
Re: Read Only Mode
October 25, 2017 03:08AM
Ok, I see. Yes that's a situation a bit unusual; look at the comment I made for your other post, maybe it can help with the redirection thing.

Best,

Click here to login