DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

View only fields on Edit page

Posted by ctmorrison 
View only fields on Edit page
August 30, 2017 05:44AM
I'd like to select fields that can viewed on the Edit screen, but not modified. This would allow a field to be viewed to confirm the proper record has been selected, but would not allow modification of that field. Only approved fields could be modified.
Re: View only fields on Edit page
August 30, 2017 07:09AM
Hello,
from the permissions page you can set, for edit, "Yes but disabled".

Best,

August 30, 2017 07:14AM
Super!!! Sorry I missed that option! I love the improvements from 6.0 Basic to 8.0 Lerici! I wish I had updated earlier.

The one part that gave me a great deal of anxiety was the new permissions feature, which is why I upgraded. When I logged in as an administrator, I could not see any of my data tables, only users and groups. I was about to submit a forum post when I tried the Permissions area and learned that was the issue. It _might_ be worthwhile noting this for those upgrading from much earlier versions like I did.

Great application!
Re: View only fields on Edit page
August 30, 2017 07:27AM
Thanks for the appreciation! The permission model you see in 8 Lerici was already (except from some improvements) available in DaDaBIK 6, but not in the Basic edition.

You can see the difference between what you are using now and what you were used to bty setting $enable_granular_permissions in config.php. $enable_granular_permissions = 0 enables a basic permissions model (like the one available in DaDaBIK basic).

Best,

Click here to login