DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update views based on multiple tables

Posted by julesmim 
Update views based on multiple tables
May 25, 2013 08:46AM
Hello,

I was trying to switch from my PHPmyEdit based database front-end to DaDaBik.
When almost everything was set, I realized that I can't update the main view that I'm using because it is based on 2 tables.
That would the most needed new feature for me.
I also need to manage groups of multiple check boxes.
For now I must delay my adoption of DaDaBik for this job.
Thanks for listening.
Re: Update views based on multiple tables
May 28, 2013 12:08AM
Hello and thanks for sharing your feedback.

About the views: I don't know which DBMS you are using, DaDaBIK supports update on views but with MySQL for example you have limit on that:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/view-updatability.html
if your problem derives from updating fields belonging to more than one table of the views, you must keep in the edit form just the fields of one of the table (you can keep all the other fields in the data grid and details form....)

Checkboxes will be introduced in DaDaBIK 6, we are developing that feature.

May 28, 2013 12:42AM
Hello,

Thanks for your accurate answer. About views, I see that I could solve my problem doing what you told me: keeping in the edit form just the fields of one table. (But I think it would be interesting to have the possibility to view some fields of another table in the edit form even if those fields are not editable.)

About checkboxes, thanks for the good news. I'm looking forward for version 6 and I will try again to switch to DaDaBik as soon as it is available.

Any way, thanks for the good work you're doing with DaDaBik.
Jules
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login