DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

quote variable

Posted by joeharth 
quote variable
April 04, 2007 06:02AM
Hello does anyone know where is the value for $quote stored? I am trying to run dadabik in sybase and looks like i might be very close to get it done. I need to set $quote=''; but i dont want to go around all the code doing this.

my error is

[08] Error: during query execution.
SELECT name_table FROM "dadabik_table_list" WHERE allowed_table = '1'
DBMS server said: Incorrect syntax near 'dadabik_table_list'.
Re: quote variable
April 04, 2007 09:09AM
common_start.php
April 04, 2007 09:21AM
which is acquired from adodb-datadict.inc.php in the adodb data connection folder...

Hope that helped a little
April 04, 2007 09:27AM
I'm sorry here it is...

var $nameQuote = '"'; /// string to use to quote identifiers and names

inside adodb.inc.php
April 05, 2007 08:50AM
Thanks that was very usefull. I got past those errors and now the admin part works. The index.php failes with a similar error. Looks like sybase does not like where interger = '1' but it likes interger = 1. This is my error message. I am not sure where is happenning and i am not sure on how to trace it. I know it happes when I load index.php. Is there a part where I can remove that little quote for the where statment.

[08] Error: during query execution.
SELECT t_test.id, t_test.name FROM t_test WHERE t_test.id = '1'
DBMS server said: Implicit conversion from datatype 'VARCHAR' to 'NUMERIC' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login