Hiding empty fields in details page

domenico

I would like to hide all the empty fields in details page. Is it possible? On my site I run Dadabik version v.4.0 beta 2.
Thanks, Domenico

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
I seem to remember a post some time ago about this sort of thing -- you'd have to search through the forums for the post(s).

marbour

Hola Domenico

in business_logic, in function build_details_table)...
[pre]
right under:
$field_to_display = get_field_correct_displaying($field_values_ar[$j], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["type_field"], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["content_field"], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["separator_field"], "details_table"); // get the correct display mode for the field

modify if condition for:
if ( (($show_label_of_an_empty_field==0) && (strlen($field_to_display)>0)) or ($show_label_of_an_empty_field==1) ) {

and add:
// display the label of an empty field in the details view
$show_label_of_an_empty_field = 0; // values 0 = no and 1 = yes
to your config.php
[/pre]
Hope it helps

dmdecalonne

It's a big bump from 2006, but I've got the same question in 2019 and the solution above does not work anymore (can't edit the business_logic-file anymore).

Is there another way to do this in DaDaBik 9.3?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
at the moment there isn't a solution for that, I am not even sure that this simple and old solution can work anyway, DaDaBIK's code is more complicated now than it was in 2006.

Best,

larryk

Hi,
Is this situation still the same?
There isn't a way to hide an empty field?

I think there is a big need for this option:

when a user is viewing an edit page AND there is only a need to change existing data... obviously, they see the field.
HOWEVER, where a field is empty, the viewer is NOT allowed to enter data, they should NOT see the blank field.
There isn't a point in even showing the empty field if the user can't enter data.

Having a simple option to: Hide field when empty seems VERY valid and needed?

thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Please use https://dadabik.canny.io/feature-requests to suggest/vote for new features.

Best,