Upload

D

Dennis LaPine

Ok folks, I've seen the other articles on this upload issue! Yet with absolute and realtive paths set correctly, not getting anywhere. I do have the edit and delete disabled, would this affect it? And yes the uploads folder permissions are set at 777! Once this feature is working, I assume a link appears somewhere? Otherwise this works quite nice!

D

Debbie S

Dennis

Have you configured one of your fields in your table as a 'generic_file' or 'image_file' field type through the admin panel (admin.php)? For more detailed information about these field types, refer to the documentation file in the distribution or on this web site.

Once you have a field designated to accept uploads, the appropriate buttons appear in your insert and edit forms.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

D

Dennis LaPine

Debbie,

Thank you for the response! I have twelve fields established in the database. Are you saying I have to add one for this to work correctly? Thank you.

D

Debbie S

Dennis

If you cannot use one of your existing fields as your upload field, then you will have to add another field to use for uploads.

Use generic_file field type for links to external files outside of the database and image_file field type to display graphic files within the DaDaBIK interface.

I've posted a sample database for v3.1 (see post >>> http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2740&t=2740) to show how the fields in DaDaBIK work.

Hope this helps!

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

D

Dennis LaPine

Debbie,

Thanks a lot! New to PHP and SQL for that matter, feeling my way through. Will try to deal with it when I'm more awake!

Dennis