Uploaded files are ever deleted?

M

Marco T

Hello again
(sorry if I bother you too much, in case please tell me).

It seems to me that when you delete a record with an image, the image is not deleted from the upload directory.

Am I wrong?
Or, if I am right, is there a way to correct this?

Thank you
Marco

D

Debbie Sontag

Marco

You certainly keep us busy :) .....

Same as the sort order post -- I'll have to check into this and see if there is a way to also delete the uploaded file if a record is deleted. Will let you know.

Debbie

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1Beta)

T

Tom

Actually it was me who posted that another message about sorting. But anyway... :)

D

Debbie Sontag

Marco

While I have not figured out how to delete an uploaded file at the same time a record is deleted, you can delete the uploaded file through the edit form for the record by using the checkbox beside the current file name.

I'll keep working at it, but in the meantime, you can delete the uploaded files by first editing the record to delete the file(s) and then delete the record.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

B

bas

Wondering if anyone knows how to delete images from upload directory on record delete?? Thanx in advance! Bas

D

Debbie S

bas

See the post above yours. If you go into edit the record you can delete the image file from there. Then delete the record. That is the only solution I've found without heavy modification of the core code.

This may or may not be resolved in the final 3.1 release or a future release.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)