update form-bug or feature?

G

G. Fiala

Hello,

I just downloaded this script and it seems to be awesome. There's just one thing I can't manage. Everytime when I update an existing record by using the dadabik form, all the single-select menus within the form "lose" memory and set back to the initial (first) option. Therefore, I have to select all the options again :eek:(
Anybody knows a way to fix that bug and to keep in memory the options I have chosen before?

Thanks a lot,
Guntram

M

marcello

It is very weird.
How do you populate your select_menus?
Are they linked fields or you harcoded the values in the admin.php?
In the former case it could be that you did not set the foreign key field correctly.
In the second case just check that you used the separator between the values.
I cannot figure out what the problem is. I've never encountered this problem.

G

G. Fiala

No hardcoding and I took à separator, too. But I used an unusual way in order to keep a slim database. Instead of long value names, I used short two figure codes and the real item name, but included just the first two figures in the db table. That gives me a kind of

"02 real_name_of_item_b separator 03 real_name_of_item_c separator..." and so on in the single-select option field.

My table just records the first smallint2 figures. Thought it was a smart idea for keeping lightweight tables. Maybe it wasn't?!

G

G. Fiala

I just used the "link feature" for different tables and it actually works fine. But now I would like to know if I could run the opposite way, too. Is it possible to use one single dadabik-form in order to RECORD in several tables? If it works, it would be terrific. Otherwise, I have a lot of scripts to modify...

D

Debbie Sontag

G. Fiala

With DaDaBIK, you can set the option "Other choices allowed?" to yes in the interface configurator of the admin panel for your master table. When you set this to 'yes' for any one of your single_select fields, DaDaBIK adds another option to the drop-down called 'other.....' which, when selected, allows the user to enter their own data in the other box next to the drop-down. When a single_select field is populated with 'other.....' and the corresponding user entered data, that data is applied to the master table as linked data and also inserted into the linked table as another re-usable option in the drop-down.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.0)

G

G. Fiala

Thanks a lot for your nice script and your helpful answers.

G. Fiala

D

Debbie Sontag

G. Fiala wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your nice script and your helpful answers.
>

Actually, I did not write the script -- Eugenio deserves all the credit for his vision and expertise in making DaDaBIK what it is today. I do, however, help him with support questions and some testing -- so thank you for that.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)