online demo sql code

G

greg

Kudos to the author - this is truly a killer app!

Would it be possible to post the SQL code for the creation of the demo tables, specifically the albums_tab & genres_tab in order to illustrate the use of foreign keys?

TIA

D

Debbie Sontag

Greg

The foreign keys are set when you configure Dadabik through the admin panel, not when the tables are created in SQL.

From the admin panel, select the table you wish to insert the foreign key link (in the section titled "Configure the DaDaBIK Interface for the table .....") and select "Change Table". Once the page refreshes, select the link "interface configurator" in the paragraph under the "For this table enable:" line.

Once in the interface configurator, you can select the field you want to add the foreign key to. To set the foreign key, you will fill in these fields:

Field type -select_single
Primary key field -record or ID field
Primary key table -table name you are linking
Linked fields -the field you want to display
Order by -ID or linked field name depending on how you want to order the drop-down list

When you insert/update records, you will now have a drop-down picklist of items from the other table to choose from.

I'm in the process of creating a sample database which will include the dadabik tables so users can see how the setup looks. Should be done over the next couple days and will be titled "Sample DaDaBIK Database" in the forum.

Debbie

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.0)

D

Debbie Sontag

greg

I've posted the sample as promised ... see post http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2740&t=2740

Debbie

C

Celina

The example is very helpful!
Just a few concerns:
1) The url printed at the bottom of the page - how do we modify it?

2) When the table is bigger, only half of the page is printed!

3) The "Print this page" button and link are also printed! How to avoid that?

D

Debbie Sontag

Celina

See the reply in the post >>> http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2731&t=2731.

1 -- You can't. This is printed based on user settings and to date cannot be changed programmatically or styles.

2 -- Use bigger paper or smaller font size.

3 -- Discussed in your other post.

While not all may agree, the web is FIRST a visual medium and second a print medium, that is the reality. Because of this, there is no foolproof, 100% absolute way to print something perfectly and exactly the same from every browser that may be viewing a web page. It is something that has to be dealt with on a site by site basis.

You will have to play with settings to determine the best default print settings for your database views.

Debbie