Calculated Fields not calculated before saving

Martin

Hi,

my calculated fields are behaving differently than they used to.

Normally, during creation/edit of an entry with calculated fields, they were updating after I wrote something in one of the fields that were contributing to the calculated filed.
But now, the calculated fields stay empty until I hit the save/add-button. Then, the calculated filed are correctly populated and saved in the database.

Is this intended to is there maybe a setting somewhere to change this?

Thanks and rest regards
Martin

[pre]
Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.2-Elba enterprise, installed on 23.11.2021 (

System info

PHP Version: 7.4.7

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.6.5-MariaDB-1:10.6.5+maria~focal

Web server: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.1 Safari/605.1.15

[/pre]

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
no, this is not the intended behaviour; try yourself the demo n.1, products table: if you change price, price+tax is changed when you leave the field (before submitting the form).
Do you mean that the exact same field and same configuration worked before V 11.2 and it doesn't work anymore?

Best

Martin

Thanks for the quick answer!

I have tried demo no1, there it is working like expected (changed when leave the field).

I'm not sure when it stopped working correctly, as I've not used this specific table for a while.
I'm only sure it is not working on 11.1 and 11.2. and it worked with 10.3.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I am not aware of any change that could impact on calculated fields (except from bug fixes).
My suggestion is to try to build a very simple fresh application (one table), built with the 11.2 package you downloaded where you can replicate the configuration of the calculated field and see if you see the same behaviour.

Best,

Martin

I‘ve finally set up a new, clean install of dadabik 11.2, which still uses the original database.
Now, everything is working again as expected.

I have no idea what caused the problem, but at least it is solved 😁