Upgraded to v11 completed with no errors but site shows error message

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I succesfully upgraded from Dadabik 10.6 to 11.0 with no issues but on logging in the followingmessage appears at the top of the screen:-

Notice: Undefined index: status_installation in /home/alan/Web/sblpa/membership/include/check_login.php on line 0

This message does NOT appear in the admin pages.

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.0-Elba enterprise, installed on Sep 7, 2021 (installation code: 154055e921ff2284cc), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.0-Elba released on Jun 17, 2021

You are runnning the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info
PHP Version: 7.4.21

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.4.20-MariaDB

Web server: Apache/2.4.48 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.1.1k PHP/7.4.21 mod_perl/2.0.11 Perl/v5.32.1

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.63 Safari/537.36

URL installation: https://dev.sblpa.co.uk//

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
which upgrade method have you used, the new (up.php and up2.php) or the old one?

If you check your dadabik_installation_tab from phpmyadmin can you see the status_installation field?

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing that up2 does (on the DB side) to a 10.6 installation is adding two fields to that table so it's very strange that you didn't get any error message during the upgrade and you don't have the fields now.

Are you sure it was a "clean" 10.6 installation? Did you install a private beta on the top?

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
It's possible it started as a private beta - the dadabik_version_installation is 10.1-Manarola though.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
In the field other_infos_installation of the dadabik_installation_tab table you should see all the upgrades you went through.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
[pre]
SELECT * FROM `zdk_installation_tab` WHERE 1

id_installation 15405
code_installation 154055e921ff2284cc
date_time_installation 2020-04-11 21:52:17
dbms_type_installation mysql
dadabik_version_installation 10.1-Manarola
dadabik_version_2_installation enterprise
other_infos_installation upgrade_version=11.0-Elba enterprise~upgrade_time=1631025314~upgrade_dbms=mysql
url_installation https://localhost//
[/pre]

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
it seems 10.1 release upgraded to 11.0, are you sure you went through 10.6 as well? Did the previous upgrades (if any, for example 10.1 -> 10.6) work without errors?

Best.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
You're right - this was a 10,1 installation. I did another 10.1 - 11.0 migration and it doesn't show the issue though, that one has the new field.

I'll retry the upgrade in case I missed an error but pretty sure I didn't.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I reinstalled from backup and ran the upgrade to 11.1 using the new process, it completed without errors:-

Upgrade
Step 4/4: Files copy, Database update
I am unzipping the file upgrades_615442c58e983/dadabik_11.1-Elba_enterprise.zip ...Done!

I am craeting a backup of your config.php file as include/config_bkp_20210929.php ...Done!

I am copying files from upgrades_615442c58e983/dadabik_11.1-Elba_enterprise/program_files to the root folder ... Done!

I am copying the documentation file from upgrades_615442c58e983/dadabik_11.1-Elba_enterprise/program_files to the ./docs_dadabik_11.1-Elba_enterprise folder ... Done!

I am deleting the temporary upgrades folder ... Done!

I am deleting old, unnecessary files ... Done!

I am updating your dadabik_ tables ... Done!

I am registering your upgrade ... Done!

In your docs_dadabik_11.1-Elba_enterprise folder, you can find some important documents such as the documentation, the change log, the license and the FAQs.

As a security measure, you should now delete the files up.php and up2.php and (if they exist) the files upgrade.php, upgrade2.php, install.php, install2.php, since they could be used by malicious users.

It's also a good security practice to change the parameter $dadabik_session_name in config_custom.php (and in the Wordpress DaDaBIK Wrapper if you use it) using a name you haven't used in the past; this will make invalid all the current sessions: those sessions might in fact have potentially dangerous content (think about a security fix) or content not compatible with the new version.

DaDaBIK has been correctly upgraded. After having completed all the activities listed above you can start using it. You might need to clean the cache of your browser to correctly load the latest versions of some files (e.g. CSS files and pictures).

When I try to login I get this error:-

[pre]
[08] Error: during query execution. SELECT `id_user`, `id_group`, `username_user`, `password_user`, `authentication_type_user`, confirmed_timestamp_user, temporary_password_user, temporary_password_timestamp_user FROM `zdk_users` WHERE `username_user` = 'alan.m' AND `authentication_type_user` = 'dadabik'
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'confirmed_timestamp_user' in 'field list'
[/pre]

Here is the users table:-

[pre]
localhost/gp-analysis/zda_users/ http://localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php?route=/table/sql&db=gp-analysis&table=zda_users
Your SQL query has been executed successfully.

DESCRIBE `zda_users`;

id_user int(11) NO PRI
NULL
auto_increment
id_group int(11) NO
NULL

first_name_user varchar(100) YES
NULL

last_name_user varchar(100) YES
NULL

email_user varchar(100) YES
NULL

username_user varchar(50) NO UNI
NULL

password_user varchar(255) NO
NULL

authentication_type_user varchar(255) NO dadabik

[/pre]

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
OK, did some experimentation

• Clean install of 10.1 upgraded to 10.6 and then to 11.0
  • Clean install of 10.1 upgraded to 10.6 and then to 11.1

Neither of them have any issues and the 11.1 shows the new fields in the users table.

I can only assume something has gone wrong in the original 10.1 to 10.6 upgrade and I haven't noticed it (or it failed silently).

I will rebuild this application, luckily it is quite lightweight.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
just to clarify: there were two distinct problems here:
1) missing "status" field (it's a field added with version 10.6)
2) missing "confirmed_timestamp_user" (it's a field added with version 11.1)

the problem 1) is gone and you said you can assume something has gone wrong in the original 10.1 to 10.6 upgrade; how about the problem 2), how did you fix it?

Best,

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I "fixed" it by doing a clean install of 11.1 on a new instance. I can't replicate the fault so my assumption was there was an unnoticed error previously and as this application is at an early stage of development a clean install was viable.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, then I am lost :) when you said:
- Clean install of 10.1 upgraded to 10.6 and then to 11.1
I thought you meant that you have a 10.1 -> 10.6 -> 11.1 installation for which the upgrade worked, but maybe it's a different one respect to the one having both the issues you are reporting?

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I thought you meant that you have a 10.1 -> 10.6 -> 11.1 installation for which the upgrade worked
Yes I do but it was a clean 10.1 installation not my application. Basically the upgrade process is working fine, I've done something wrong somewhere with my app.