Suppress Generate Chart, Pivot and PDF icons from results

donworth

I am using DaDaBIK Enterprise to display tables to the public on WordPress. I don't really want the public to be able to use Generate Chart, Generate Pivot or PDF. Is there a way to suppress those buttons on the results panel?

Thanks!
Don

----------

Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.6-Manarola enterprise, installed on 01/26/2021 (installation code: 163965fe831cbbb99e), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.6-Manarola released on 01/26/2021

You are runnning the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info

PHP Version: 7.3.26

mysql version: 10.3.27-MariaDB-log-cll-lve

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.3 Safari/605.1.15

URL installation: https://48ovvi.org/dadabik/

donworth

Looks like I can suppress the menu button with CSS (altho it affects all of DaDaBIK - not just what's displayed by the WordPress plug-in) but the Graph, Pivot and PDF buttons are not in unique CSS classes that I can set for display: none; Short of rolling DaDaBIK from Enterprise to Pro, is there any way I can get rid of those buttons?

Ideally I would like these changes to only get applied in the WordPress plug-in - not when I'm using DaDaBIK as a backend for data entry. But I can live with having them all suppressed everywhere if I have to.

Thanks, Eugenio!

Don

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
there are config parameters to disable those features, e.g. $export_to_pdf_feature = 0 for PDF

Best,

donworth

Thanks, Eugenio! I wish I could suppress them with CSS so I would still be able to use them in the backend of the application (outside of the public view (WordPress)) but this solves my immediate problem.

Don

Is it too much of a hassle to run two separate Dadabik applications on the same database?
One for WordPress and one for internal use?
Len.

donworth

Not a huge deal I suppose. But kind of awkward since when a new version of DaDaBIK comes out I would have to update both instances instead of one. And would the record locking work in that case? Wouldn't want two people updating the same record at the same time from different DaDaBIKs probably.