Please clarify about "ACTIVE Installations"

Hello,

I am reading the FAQ and I have a doubt. It says:

FAQ said:
Do I need to buy a license for each DaDaBIK application I produce?

No, you buy ONE license and you can produce 5, 10 or 30 ACTIVE applications (depending on the DaDaBIK edition you purchased: Pro, Enterprise or Platinum). You can build as many TEST applications as you want.

Let's say I installed 3 applications in DaDaBIK, so I have 3 active installations of the 10 available on my Enterprise License.

Then, some time later, I abandon one of these applications. What do I need to do to have only 2 ACTIVE installations and not 3?

Also, how to know if an installation is a TEST one or ACTIVE?

Thank you in advance!
Celson

In order to explain more my doubts let me tell you what happened with me this weekend:

As you know I am starting to work with DaDaBIK and I learning a lot by practice. I deleted a table without uninstall it and after it my application started to show errors... I decided to start again. I deleted all tables from database, uploaded the install.php and install2.php and reinstalled it again. A new installation number was generated.

What happens with the first installation number? I am now using 2 of the 10 applications I can build?

Thanks!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
at the moment you don't have to do anything to "declare" your application as not used, if you don't use it, it isn't counted.

You are getting those errors because you deleted the tables before uninstalling them. You should first uninstall then delete (or drop them from the DATA section in dadabik).

Best,

Thank you!

Now, I think is good to tell you the following. Really the table was deleted without uninstalling it before. But it was created usng the data section and was deleted using the data section too.

I think even in this case I need to uninstall it before to delete it.

I am also curious about "active" applications. When you say "if you don't use it", does that mean the web-apps phone home?
Otherwise, how is "active" defined?
I have never built a canned application, but have just made 4 copies of the dadabik files, given each of them a unique ID string and fiddled with them. Only one is actually being used at present. So is that 4 or 1?