upload csv file to tables?

donworth

I am migrating my data from another database product or from spreadsheets. I may have missed it, but does DaDaBIK provide a way to load the user data table from a csv file? At present I use mySQL Workbench with CREATE TABLE and LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE to populate my DaDaBIK data tables. But that is beyond the skill set of others in my organization who may have to do this in the future. If this isn't something DaDaBIK can handle, I will put in a feature request.

Don

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the feature request is already available here
https://dadabik.canny.io/feature-requests/p/csv-import-tool

Best,

chrisj

Hi Eugenio,
I see the feature request, and tried to reply to it, but did not have a canny account. My input is copied below. Is there any plan for this capability?

Regards,
Chris

Could this be combined with a SelectAll button on the grid view, and update field values for all selected records? I can understand all the nuances with doing CSV import from variable sets/conditions, but perhaps making the grid view more capable of bulk import/update, along with CSV import where you put the onus on the user to make sure the CSV is valid for inserting/updating. Just my two cents. I too would like to see bulk import/update capability, some of which seem to be easily done in the existing views (with checkboxes, etc).