Flatpickr

taubes

Hi,

For me it is important that users can enter the date into date fields manually. Since the nice introduction of flat picker, I have to keep editing the header.php to set the allowInput: true (lines 1453++) for the date_picker. I presume that most people would like to have this on by default, alternatively this could be added to the config file just like the date_format_edit.

This is more of a feature request but the solution maybe helpful for others too.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

St

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I disabled it because in my tests it wasn't working as expected and on the Flatpickr github there was an open issue related to this feature. I haven't re-tested the manual entry after the update, though.

Is it working correctly according to your experience?

Best,

taubes

Hi,

The problem only affected flatpickr versions 4.6.5 und 4.6.6. The current version in dadabik is 4.6.9. I have not noticed any misbehaves.

Best

St

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I think this issue (and some related ones) are still open:
https://github.com/flatpickr/flatpickr/issues/1551

so I prefer to keep it disabled at the moment.

Best,

taubes

Hi,

I had another issue with flatpickr. When the date field is not NULL and contains this '0000-00-00' it breaks flatpickr as you can no longer use the year select which showed -1 instead of 2021. Permanent solution was of course to set the date fields NULL. query showed the 0000-00-00 date correctly. Flatpickr had weird numbers.

This issue may be linked to some language settings YYYY-MM-DD vs DD-MM-YYYY.

Thought I share this as it took me some time to figure it out.

Best