"Transpose" Details Page

it4e

Hello,
I am trying to configure the layout of a details page, currently i am using the "(*) New line after this field (details page)?" function in the forms configurator. If i use it to display fields next to each other, it counts the position up "horizontally".

Can i configure it in a way so the second field is under the first and after a few i have something like a "New column after this field (details page)" function? so it ends up like a transposed table in Excel.

I can't do it by changing the position of the fields because it messes up my grid layout.

Thank you in advance.

it4e

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.1-Manarola enterprise

PHP Version: 7.3.20

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.5.5-MariaDB

Web server: Apache/2.4.43 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1g PHP/7.3.20

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
sorry I don't understand the question, "New column after this field" should be the default behaviour.

Can you post somewhere a screenshot or a draw representing what you want to achieve and link it here?

Best,

it4e

Right now the Position of the Fields Counts up like this:

ZesHnJ3.png

But i want it to count up like this:

VSTPEFh.png

Edit:
Seems like the Forum cuts out a part of the image.
if you want to see it fully, you need to do right click and view image.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
it seems exactly the same picture to me, the only difference is the red arrows, sorry but I don't understand what you mean.
Is there a particular layout you cannot get or it is just how dadabik evaluate the "position" field?

it4e

Hello,

I want it to look like this minus my horrible photoshop skills of course :D

E5nf3Eb.png

if you compare it to the other images without the arrow, you will know what i mean.

I know i can achieve it by adjusting the Position of the Fields, but it changes how it looks on the Grid aswell.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I think that, regardless of the form layout (that, as you said, you can already achieve using the order parameter), what you really want is to to have a different position parameter for grid and form; this is not possible at the moment, if you want you can add a feature request to https://dadabik.canny.io/

Best,