Hi,
This time I begin with my config to not forgot it ;) :

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.3-Manarola pro, installed on 05/09/2020
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

System info:
PHP Version: 5.6.30
mysql version: 5.7.17
Web server: Apache/2.4.25 (Win32) PHP/5.6.30
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0
URL installation: http://127.0.0.1:8080/edsa-Instits45-1900/

In my appli, I use the feature "Link to record" almost in all of my results grids. It is practical and works well, however I have some remarks about it :
  1. The link to record icon (rather a fontawesome symbol) is displayed, even if a field is blank. Then, the link conducts to the grid with all the records, there is no interest in that. Could I easily avoid that ?
  2. The symbol displayed is the "Logout" one, not really appropriate. I could change it by editing the file fontawesome.css but it is not "clean" because it impacts also other features that use this font (begining by the logout icon at the right-top of the site). A easy way to change this icon more correctly ?
  3. Another solution could also consist in simply clicking on the text of the field (underligned or not). Could it be intended for a next release ?

Thank you in advance for your tips.
Cheers
Pascal

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Pascal,
you are right the link shouldn't appear if the field is null, I will consider removing it in the next version.

I've never thought about using a simple link, it could be problematic because the value displayed could be already a link itself.

At the moment there isn't a config parameter for that icon, you can change it by editing views/details.php and views/results_gird.php (check fa fa-sign-out); as other dadabik core files, if you modify it, you should re-apply the modification in case of upgrade.

Best,