Bar and Line Chart Questions

Hello,

We are starting to build some data dashboards for our application.

Is there a way to set the limits on the Y axis for bar and line charts?

We are generating multiple charts that are using similar data to examine with the charts stacked vertically on top of each other.
However the y axis scaling is varying from char to chart.

Also, is there a way to plot multiple lines in a single line chart?

Support details:
[pre]

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

System info
PHP Version: 7.2.5

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.2.31-MariaDB

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.97 Safari/537.36

[/pre]

Thanks,

-Todd

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
at the moment the limits of the Y axis is automatically chosen according to the data, it is not possible to set it.

It is also not possible to plot two lines on the same graph.

Best,

Eugenio,

Thanks for the quick response! I suspected as much on the chart plotting. I will convey this to my colleagues. Are there any plans to add multi-line line graphs or other chart types in the future?

So, as an alternative I have investigated using custom pages of type PHP and it looks like we can use another 3rd party tool called PHP Chart to generate some other chart types not currently available in DaDaBik in the custom PHP scripts. These are a little more work to develop than the build in charting interface but it is nice that DaDaBik is flexible enough to allow for this option to develop our own scripts to fill in the feature gap. This makes it a much stronger product overall.

Thanks,

-Todd

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Todd,
yes sure you can use a custom php page, but I would use chart.js, the library DaDaBIK uses, to produce the graph; in this way your charts will be consistent with the rest of the application. If you look at the ERP online demo, for the page "sales report" that is what we did.

At the moment there is no plan to add built-in multi line graphs or other graphs; if you want you can add a feature request on canny and/or contact us if you want to sponsor the development of this feature (the release of V 10.2 is close and at the moment there is no time for working on additional features, but maybe we could find an agreement for a later period).

Best,

Eugenio,

That is good to know there is another option for charting and keeping the look consistent. I will look further into chart.js. At a quick glance I see it can do multi-axis charts, and many other types, but I am guessing it would need to be passed another column of data for multiple line plots which I assume needs a custom php script to achieve at this point since that is not currently in the product.

One thing I could not figure out in the ERP demo was how to view the sales_report.php file behind the report that is setup on the custom menu to see what it is doing. On an actual installation I would read this file directly from the server but that is not an option with the online demos unless I am missing something.

I did like in the ERP demo custom pages how the demo is using internal links and passing the parameters directly to index.php as an alternative to htmk and show/hide html content. Are all the options/parameters index.php can take documented somewhere? The php source is ion cube encrypted so looking in the file does not help. That would be useful to know for building charts and reports.

Lastly, I look forward to the upcoming release of V10.2 and learning about all the new features.

Thanks,

-Todd