sudden reset of my application.. please help

drashrafsabry

DaDaBIK version 9.4-Monterosso
All of the sudden my application has been reset.

even my username went back to root and alfonso

all my labels reverted to default , and all master/view tables has been deleted..

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I would say this is only possible if someone run install.php, re-installing DaDaBIK in the same database.

The file install.php should be deleted after the installation.

If this is what happened, the only thing you can do is to use a backup of your database.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Is it really like a NEW installation or is there something that has been preserved?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The only ways to obtain that are:
- running install.php
- from the admin console, re-install all the tables (or edit the configuration of each table in form configurator and all the other tabs).
both the operations must be done from a dadabik installation that points to your database.

Or, for some reason, the database used by dadabik has been replaced with an old version by mistake? Don't know.

The only thing you can do is look at your database backup (if you have more than ones, even better) to analyze the problem and recover your correct settings.

Best,

drashrafsabry

I Recovered but i need to know what happened

no one has my passwords
nothing changed in my hosting
there is no install file

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You could check with your hosting if there are traces of intrusion.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way you can achieve what you described without having the admin password OR running install.php OR having direct access to the database (not via dadabik) in other ways.

Best,