Using HTML in table output

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
The documentation has some warnings about setting a field as html - I assume this is particularly relevant for user generated data and not so much of an issue when I have total control over the data?

Also do the libraries in use prevent some html tags from working? I have the undernoted various attempts to markup and only the <em> works?

AFC_Champions
<span style="color:blue">Oakland Raiders</span>
<span style="font-weight: 900">Kansas City Chiefs<span>
<em>New York Jets</em>
<b>New York Jets</b>
<strong>Cleveland Browns</strong>

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.3-Monterosso enterprise, installed on Jul 17, 2019 (installation code: 147655d2ef26e7dcd6), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.4-Monterosso released on Jul 23, 2019

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

PHP Version: 7.3.7

mysql version: 5.5.60-0+deb7u1-log

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
yes, you are right, the warning is related to user-generated content and yes, the library in use (htmLawed) prevents some HTML to work, for security reason, you can tune how the library works by using the parameter $htmlawed_config in config.php. If you look at the htmLawed documentation, you will find details about that.

Best,