URL search syntax

DLJonsson

How can I do a custom search from the URL in the nav bar?

When I do a quick search I get a URL that looks like this.

<a href="index.php?tablename=aw_public&function=search&execute_search=1&search_from_filter=1>

When I try to make it custom.

I can't get any cogent response IE.

https://index.php?tablename=aw_public&function=search&where_clause=&cat_page_no=80&order=item_number&order_type=DESC

Shows all items but does not filter for items from catalogue page 80

How can I search for items on Page 80 via URL and have them display in the grid?

Please advise.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
if you want to set a filter via URL, this is not possible. When you execute a search, the filter is saved in session and it is there until you remove it but otherwise you cannot set it via URL.

Best,

vikash

Hello,

Did this used to work before? Because I can see some older posts which explain how to use the where_clause in the URL. However its not working for me either.

Thanks.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It was possible many years ago, the feature was then removed for security reasons.
You can create a VIEW with a pre-built filter instead.

Best,

vikash

Hello,

Well this is quite unfortunate and really we should have a solution to this. Views are not a replacement for this because as far as I understand each view is a specific filter.

I wanted to use this for custom links. I want to modify the grid template for a table and add a link on each row for one of the columns and clicking it would take me to another table including the ID as search parameter. This is like clicking on a record to see more details which is in another table. (Master/items does not work here because the ID may not be PK)

Please advise.

Thanks,
Vikash.