Admin users cannot login

dmajwool

Hi Eugenio,

Haven't logged in to DaDaBik for a month or so, but perhaps you recognise this scenario.

"Normal" user can login and after the login page is advanced to the app's menu screen - as expected.

When "Admin" user logs in, there is no red "Wrong credentials" message (ie. I'm assuming I'm entering the username & pw correctly), but the user is returned to the login screen and cannot get into the application.

If (using DaDaBik_users table in phpMyAdmin) I assign the "Normal" user into the Admin group, that user has the same problem as other Admin users until I return it to the Normal users group.

So consequently I don't have access to the About/Check Upgrade page in order to post my environment settings. But the last time I checked I was on...
You are using DaDaBIK version 9.0-Monterosso pro, installed on 07-18-2018 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.0-Monterosso released on 07-05-2018

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.6.22

mysql version: 5.6.21

Web server: Apache

I have phpMyAdmin access to the database and ftp access to the dadabik folders, but don't know what I can do to check.

Many thanks for your help, David.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
very strange, I have never seen this scenario. Could you try to intentionally type a wrong password for the admin user and see what happens?

Best,

dmajwool

Thank you Eugenio,

When my Admin-level user enters a wrong password the red "username or password" message appears, as expected.

I have now heard from my other Admin-level colleague that he is experiencing the same behaviour on his username too.

I think my hosting company have done some housekeeping on their servers recently - I had to chat with them about re-instating the IonCube and I wonder if this could be related? Could this behaviour be related to the IonCube version?

Thank you, David.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't think so, without ioncube or with the wrong version the login page doesn't work at all.

I don't understand how it is possible that only the admin users have this strange behaviour, the login process is the same for admin and non-admin. Have you tried to add a completely new user (maybe via phpmyadmin) and to change the status from non.admin to admin to see if this triggers the issue?

Best,

dmajwool

Hi Eugenio,

Thanks for those thoughts.

In the phpmyadmin I copied an existing user row, giving it a new username.
This new user has the same login behaviour as the original users - login succeeds and progresses to the app's home page when the user is in user group 2, but gets stuck at a repeating login page when the user is in user group 1.

Would you like me to send you these credentials so you can see the behaviour yourself?

Many thanks, David.

dmajwool

Hi Eugenio,

I have today run an upgrade from 9.0 pro to 9.2 pro.

But the behaviour stays the same. Admins are still locked out, Normal users can still log in. Normal users elevated from user group2 to user group1 in phpmyadmin become locked out until they are returned to user group2.

Thanks for your help, David.