Question at : Generate Chart

MartinB

Hello !

A little questions for the professionals of you ...

I generate a chart of my movies and series, so a pie is generated, that shows me
the number of my series an movies. Is it possible to add up these two numbers ?

Like this :

23 movies
34 films
57 total

Thanks for any help !

Bye, Martin

[pre]
ou are using DaDaBIK version 9.1-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 16.09.2018 (installation code: 140185b9e752aea3b1), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.1-Monterosso released on 12.09.2018
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 7.2.10
mysql version: 5.7.23-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36
[/pre]

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Martin,
what exactly do you want to get as a final output: a pie chart with two slices: movies and films?

Please provide some info about your db schema, do you have a single table containing both movies and series with a "category" field?

Best,

MartinB

Hello Eugenio !

Yes, I've choosen a "pie" chart, one item is named " Serie " , the other " Movie ".
So, it would be nice, that the addition of these two types is displayed, too ... :)

Yes, Serie an Movie is the category "Typ", and selectable through radio buttons ..

I hope this will help you ... ;)

Bye, Martin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the default pie chart doesn't provide the total; for an example on how the chart works, select the first online demo from here:https://dadabik.com/index.php?function=show_company_demo
login, choose products -> generate chart, then choose 800x800 as dimension, group by brand and show -> count.

What do you get instead of the chart? Please post here a screenshot of your results.

Best,

MartinB

Hello Eugenio !

Here are now two screenshots :

The first one was made under your control :

screenshot_1.jpg

The second one displays, what I want :

screenshot_what_i_want.jpg

Bye, Martin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Martin,
it seems to me that the graph generation is working fine, as I said at the moment the graph generation doesn't provide the "total count" information but it's something we can think about for the next releases, it should be quite easy to implement.

Best,