Rename root account

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I like to rename root / admin type accounts for security on my systems, is it possible to rename root - I did it via MySQL but it seems like root may be hard coded in the application as the application stopped working!

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
System details (although they are wrong, see my other post!):-

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.0 enterprise, installed on Mar 16, 2018 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.0-Monterosso released on Jul 5, 2018

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

PHP Version: 7.2.8

mysql version: 5.5.60-0+deb7u1-log

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the root username is not hardcoded but normally you don't need to rename it: the important thing should be choose a good password that you change frequently.

If you really want to change it, you can login through another admin user (not root) and, via dadabik, change it (users item in the menu).

Pleas note that If there are records containing "root" because of a ID_user field type (record ownership) they won't be updated.

Best,

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Thanks, I just feel it's one more layer of security when people need to guess your id as well as your password.