Error during installation

scienceline

DaDaBik: V8.2 Lerici Entrerprise
Browser: firefox V57.0.4 Internet Explorer V11.0.9600
DBMS: MySQL V5.7
PHP: V7.2.0
WebServer IIS V8.5

After purchasing dadabik and have everything ready, I tried to run the installation but I found the following error message:

[pre]
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: conn in D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\include\db_functions_pdo.php on line 71
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function query() on null in D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\include\db_functions_pdo.php:119
Stack trace:
#0 D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\include\db_functions_pdo.php(594): execute_db('SELECT TABLE_NA...', NULL)
#1 D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\include\business_logic.php(916): get_tables_list(1)
#2 D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\include\common_start.php(140): build_tables_names_array(0, 0)
#3 D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\install.php(34): include('D:\\Support\\wwwr...')
#4 {main}
thrown in D:\Support\wwwroot\sbt\include\db_functions_pdo.php on line 119
[/pre]

Installation steps:

1) Extract "Program_Files" folder from installer file.
2) Copy folder into webserver root folder: D:\Support\wwwroot
3) Rename folder name to application name "Program_files" => "sbt"
4) Fill all required variables in include\config.php file.
5) Call http://localhost/sbt/install.php to run the installation process

Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
it seems that you can't connect properly to the database, but it is strange that you didn't get a:

[06] Error: during database connection.

message. Are you sure that DaDaBIK doesn't display such message?

My suggestions is to double check the config parameters related to the DB Connection, to set the parameter $debug_mode = 1 in config. php and to try again.

Best,

scienceline

Thanks Eugenio for your quick response.

I turn debug_mode on but there was no extra information...just the same error message. But searching for old messages in this forum, I found this one Old message which made me thing the problem was PHP extensions for PDO.

I then, check PHP extensions and enabled 'extension=pdo_mysql' and it worked. Of course after restarting IIS.

All ready and working now.

thanks again.