Menu link in main page

DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise
PHP Version: 5.6.3
mysql version: 5.6.36-82.1-log
Web server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36

Hi I'll try to explain my issue:

I have two pages, for example PAGE DET1 and PAGE DET2, that are used as details in a master/details configuration.
Both have the following permissions set:
READ NO
EDIT YES
CREATE YES
DETAILS NO

the reason is that they must not be accessed from the main menu but only from the master form.
When I access PAGE DET1 in edit mode everything works fine.
When I try to access PAGE DET2 in edit mode I receive an error saying: "you are attempting to manage a not allowed table".

The only different between the two is that DET1 is used in a master/detail while DET2 in a master/details/details.
In both cases DET1 and DET2 are the last page.

Any help?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
in a master/details/details you mean second-level master details? If yes, nested master/details views are not supported (see "Known bugs, limitations and unexpected behaviors" in the documentation).

Best,

Hi Eugenio,

Actually the nested master/details view works fine.
The only problem is that I need to live the READ permission set to YES and it is visible on the main menu that is something I don't like.
Maybe it should be possible to manage the menu in order to decide which pages to show...even just a simple flag.

Bye

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The thing is that nested master / details views are not support and can lead to a number of problems, including the one you mentioned and the fact that after having inserted a record in a details page of a second level master-details you cannot correctly come back to the corresponding record in the master table.

Best,