User-friendly searchable is not selectable in forms configurator

Hi Eugenio,
I have a strange problem with my forms configurator.
If I open the forms configurator none of the radio buttons is selected.
If I activate the "Yes"-radiobutton, it is shown selected. But after saving the configuration the selected state is not stored and again none of the radio buttons is selected.
I know that it was working before. Do you have a clue what can be done?

Best wishes
Andreas

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on 10-01-2017 (installation code: 124685910a21b35192), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 5.5.30
mysql version: 5.6.19-67.0-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
which version are you using?

User-friendly searchable was introduced with DaDaBIK 8.1, it seems likes you upgraded from an old version without having properly executed the upgrade procedure.

Best,

I'm using version 8.1. The tool already worked in between and I think that I made the upgrade properly as described in the documentation. But maybe I did something else wrong. I now repeated the update manually successfully but the problem remains.
Is it possible to take the existing database into a freshly installed 8.1 version and change the custom changes inside of the different files afterwards?
Best wishes
Andreas

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If you have repeated the upgrade process you should have get a message saying the application doesn't need update, if you didn't it means the original upgrade was not completed correctly.

Look at the table dadabik_forms, do you see the field chosen_field? If not, you are using the 8.1 code with the 8.0 database.

Best,

the chosen_field is present in the database but when I initiate the upgrade with .../upgrade.php I'm told that I use 8.1 but I don't get the info that an update isn't needed. Strange. Will it help if I take a freshly installed 8.1-version and import the existing DB and apply the code-changes afterwards? There doesn't seem to be another way...

Best wishes
Andreas

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, my mistake, I was referring to the check upgrade script; the upgrade script doesn't tell you that an update is not needed.
So the database seems OK, are you sure you are using the 8.1 php files?
Try a fresh installation on a test database, if it works it means that for some reasons you are not using the 8.1 php files in the other installation.