User-friendly searchable is not shown

Hi,
I activated the "User-friendly searchable" checkbox in a multiple select form field but in the frontend the additional function is not shown. The source code shows that the <select>-Element gets the "searchable_select"-class. But there isn't any hint in the source to the "chosen"-js-Plugin. I know that it worked in the past but I'm not sure if it was before the Dadabik-update. Do I have to do something particular to activate the chosen-plugin?

Best wishes
Andreas

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on 10-01-2017 (installation code: 124685910a21b35192), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 5.5.30
mysql version: 5.6.19-67.0-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the file /include/header.php should contain these two lines:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/chosen/chosen.css">
<script src="include/chosen/chosen.jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

are you sure you don't have them?

Please note that the "User-friendly searchable" feature doesn't work on mobile.

Best

Hi Eugenio,
thank you for your quick reply.
neither are the lines aren't included in my header.php nor is there a directory "include/chosen" with the necessary files in my dadabik-package.

It's not possible for me to download the package again, the link, that was provided by that time, isn't working anymore.
What can I do?

Best wishes
Andreas

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on 10-01-2017 (installation code: 124685910a21b35192), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 5.5.30
mysql version: 5.6.19-67.0-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
This is very strange, are you sure you haven't edited / replaced the file by mistake when you upgraded DaDaBIK?
If you want you can send your header.php file to support@dadabik.org so we can check it.

Best,

Hi Eugenio,
now that you mention it, maybe I overwrote the original version-8.1 header.php with the former, changed one from the last version?! But it's strange that the directory "include/chosen" is missing, I definitely didn't erase that. But obviously I did something wrong. Is it possible to download the latest package again?

Best wishes
Andreas

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
write an email to support@dadabik.org and we'll find a solution.

Best,

Hi Eugenio,
I just wrote an E-Mail to you. I found the original downloaded package WITH all necessary files, shame on me!

Thanks
Andreas

uwec

I have nearly the same issue whith an unmodified 8.1 , but the issue applies only to the quick search.

Quick Search :

select_search_quick.png

Nornmal Search :

select_search_normal.png

In quicksearch i got :
[pre]
<select name="winid">
[/pre]

In normal search i got :
[pre]
<select data-placeholder=" " name="winid" onchange="javascript:show_hide_text_other('select_single');" class="searchable_select">
[/pre]

[pre]

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/chosen/chosen.css">
<script src="include/chosen/chosen.jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
[/pre]

Is loaded in both.

The template is completely unmodified.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
at the moment the user-friendly search is available only the "normal" search form.

Best,

NorbertH

A really plain fix would be to edit around line 1394 in include/business_logic.php

change:
[pre]
$filter_row .= '<div class="select_element select_element_filters"><select name="'.$field_element['name_field'].'"><option value=""></option>
[/pre]

To:
[pre]
$filter_row .= '<div class="select_element select_element_filters"><select class="searchable_select" name="'.$field_element['name_field'].'"><option value=""></option>
[/pre]

But this would change ALL select fields in Quicksearch to userfriendly variant.

Just a quick thought ...