Error Message for custom_functions

ChrisG

So... I've created a couple custom functions in custom_functions.php. They are to ensure that my users enter certain fields in all upper case. The fields are working as they should.

The problem I am having is that when users do not enter these specific fields in uppercase... they are not given any kind of error message to let them know which filed they should have used upper case in. It doesn't tell them that the data was not submitted, etc. There is a red bar that appears at the top of the screen but that is not really much help since there is no message in it.

How can I get the red bar to contain and error message relating to the field that is not correct?

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 enterprise, installed on 09-21-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 8.0-Lerici released on 04-24-2017

PHP Version: 5.6.30
mysql version: 5.5.52-MariaDB
Web server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips PHP/5.6.30
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 OWASMIME/4.0500

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Chris,
if you are referring to custom validation functions, it is explained in the instructions in custom_functions.php:

// you also have to specify the error message in your language file (see /include/languages), using as a key nameofthefunction_not_valid; in this example, you would add a sentence to the $normal_messages_ar array having key = dadabik_validate_quantity_product_not_valid

Best,