Timezone issue after upgrading to 7.3

Jaccarin

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3 enterprise, installed on 25/05/2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.3 released on 24/05/2016

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.6.18

mysql version: 5.7.11

Web server: Apache/2.4.18 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2f PHP/5.6.18

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36

Dear Eugenio

I have upgraded to 7.3 but am getting this warning:

"Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in ..\include\config.php on line 395
Call Stack"

As previously I have set $timezone = 'Australia/Adelaide'; but this time I get the above error.

I did not encounter this issue with previous versions, is there anything else I need to change?

John

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You are right, with the default settings there is a call to a date function in config.php before setting the default time zone. Thanks for having reported it.

Quick patch: delete these three lines you should have in /include/common_start.php end copy them in /include/config.php, right after $timezone = 'Europe/Rome';

if ( (double)phpversion() >= 5.1){
date_default_timezone_set($timezone);
}

You shouldn't get the message anymore.