Edit Form spacing

lonnien

I would like to be able to set the spacing between fields on the edit form. The current space is very large and does not look good for a form with many fields.

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Can you provide more detail? Depending on what you are looking for, it may already be possible via interface configurator or stylesheets.

lonnien

Go to any datatable and showall, then click edit on one record to bring up the data entry form. If you notice, there are a number of entry text fields and labels, and the thing I don't like -- the nearly one line of grey space between each form field. Ideally this should be a configurable number or some value I can set globally. On a table with many fields this does not look good and requires scrolling to reach the bottom fields.

I looked at some of the stylesheet entries and nothing I modified made any changes, so I am obviously looking at the wrong things.

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
I know what the edit form is and how to get to it. That is not what I was asking. I wanted to know if you were referring to horizontal spacing or vertical spacing, etc.

The form can be customized by modifying the HTML within the function build_form in business_logic.php (review / search posts in the SUPPORT forum). If you'd rather not change the code in the function, you could add classes for your specific installation to the stylesheets and then add that class to the HTML for building the edit form.

The form is built using plain old HTML - there are no configuration options to set.