DaDaBIK
This forum is devoted to the discussion about the software DaDaBIK database front-end
the PHP Database application generator for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite; also available for Wordpress.

Field Name
April 09, 2012 04:22PM
When I installed Dadabik at www.cerberus.com.au/muster.html I gave up trying to create two word field names and resorted to using an underscore between the two words as in First_Name. Is there a way to use two words in a field name?

John Rogers
www.cerberus.com.au
Re: Field Name
April 09, 2012 08:09PM
No, field names cannot contain spaces - see the documentation.
You can customize the displayed field name through the interface configurator - see the documentation.

April 10, 2012 11:06PM
Thanks Debbie. I was hoping that there might have been a work around.

John Rogers
www.cerberus.com.au
JP
April 12, 2012 10:25PM
John,

Like Debbie said, you can not change it in the database itself, you must not have spaces. BUT what is displayed in the table is configurable and you can remove the spaces. Check the documentation for the interface configurator.

I looked at your page and where you have Last_Name and First_Name, those can be configured to display the way you want Last Name, First Name.

JP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dadabik 4.2, Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.3.13, MySQL 5.5.24, Windows 7
http://dadabik.kicks-ass.net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 10:25PM by JP.
April 13, 2012 07:41PM
Brilliant. Just what I needed to know. Thank-you. Now I just need to know how to keep the two words of the field name (label) on the same line. You can see at http://www.cerberus.com.au/muster_dadabik/index.php?table_name=crew&function=details&where_field=ID&where_value=896 that the field name label has ended up on two lines.

John Rogers
www.cerberus.com.au
April 16, 2012 02:42PM
Problem solved. I added width=100 after $details_table .="<tr><td in business_logic.php

John Rogers
www.cerberus.com.au
April 16, 2012 03:37PM
Oh sorry man! I had this on my "to do" list for replying but forgot.

You could also look at the class name used in those fields and in the stylesheets add "white-space:nowrap;" to the class names. Same goes for the results table view. Or just add " nowrap" to the <td... in business_logic.php. This prevents wrapping of text inside the container.

April 16, 2012 03:52PM
Thanks again Debbie.

John Rogers
www.cerberus.com.au
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login