Field Name

rogersjr

When I installed Dadabik at www.cerberus.com.au/muster.html I gave up trying to create two word field names and resorted to using an underscore between the two words as in First_Name. Is there a way to use two words in a field name?

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
No, field names cannot contain spaces - see the documentation.
You can customize the displayed field name through the interface configurator - see the documentation.

JP

John,

Like Debbie said, you can not change it in the database itself, you must not have spaces. BUT what is displayed in the table is configurable and you can remove the spaces. Check the documentation for the interface configurator.

I looked at your page and where you have Last_Name and First_Name, those can be configured to display the way you want Last Name, First Name.

rogersjr

Brilliant. Just what I needed to know. Thank-you. Now I just need to know how to keep the two words of the field name (label) on the same line. You can see at http://www.cerberus.com.au/muster_dadabik/index.php?table_name=crew&function=details&where_field=ID&where_value=896 that the field name label has ended up on two lines.

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Oh sorry man! I had this on my "to do" list for replying but forgot.

You could also look at the class name used in those fields and in the stylesheets add "white-space:nowrap;" to the class names. Same goes for the results table view. Or just add " nowrap" to the <td... in business_logic.php. This prevents wrapping of text inside the container.