searching in database between values

jamesjones

Hi all,

I'm evaluating database frontends and have come across DaDaBIK, looks very nice and I may well end up using it. However, I have certain requirements that I'm not sure I can configure with this software.

The main requirement is to do with searching the database; the database I'm administering contains prices of items, and I need to be able to search by price bracket, i.e. I can see how to search <price or >price, but not "price between 3 and 5". Is it possible to configure the software to do this ? I've had a good look through the configuration options, in particular:

"Search operator: specify is_equal, contains, starts_with, ends_with, greater_than, less_than or a group of this operator separated by "/". E.g. if you specify just "contains" DaDaBIK will use always the contains operator for this field during the search; if you use "exactly/contains" DaDaBIK will create for this field a listbox with the operators exactly/like, the user can then choose the preferred one during each search operation"

but I can't see the option I need.

Thanks in advance,

James.