URL of a new custom page

Caloo

Hi,

Please how to find easily the url of a custom page that we just created ? I didn't find the way otherwise than by groping. Thank you.

Cheers
Pascal
mysql version: 5.7.17
Web server: Apache/2.4.25 (Win32) PHP/5.6.30
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0
URL installation: http://127.0.0.1:8080/edsa-Instits45-1900/

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
you can just access the page and copy the URL.

Alternatively, consider that the URL of all the custom pages has this pattern:
index.php?function=show_static_page&id_static_page=xxxx

where xxxx is the id of the static page, that you can see in your browser bottom bar from the admin->pages page if your mouse is over the X (delete) icon.

Best,

Caloo

Sorry, but the number given by the delete button is not the same than the one in the URL, as strange as it may seem...

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, you are absolutely right, I answered too quickly, they are two different indexes.
So at the moment you have to visit the page to the get the URL.

Best,

Caloo

OK, so I have :
  1. to set the custom page seeable in the menu (by "permissions"),
  2. to call it from the menu, then to copy the URL
  3. At last change the permission as "not shown in the menu", because I won't it.
Of course not unfeasible, but if you can add a quicker way in next realeases, it should be great ;)

Cheers
Pascal

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Let me understand better the use case: it's for creating a custom page and then share the URL with some users without showing it in the menu?

Caloo

It is for custom pages not reachable directly from the menu, e.g. pages to call from the home page by links, or from a record field of the DB.