Unpredictable positioning of "+" button

wallaby9

Hello again.

I think this may be a bug.

When I display the "Insert" form for my "Bags" table, for the first time, it shows the "+" button on the left of the Category field's text box.

The second and subsequent times, it displays to the right where I believe it belongs.

Screenshots below.

This one is when I click "Create New" for the first time on the Bags form:

1 - before.png

And this one is after using "Go back" and clicking "Create New" again for a second (sometimes not until third) display of the "Insert" form:

2 - after.png

Any idea what's going on here?

Thank you.

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.5-Elba enterprise, installed on 05-21-2022 (installation code: 179456288336fd5460), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.5-Elba released on 04-28-2022
You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.29
mysql version: 5.5.5-10.3.34-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
Web server: LiteSpeed
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.54 Safari/537.36

wallaby9

More information:

If I display the Edit form for the Bags page, and then go through the records with the ">>" and "<<" buttons, the "+" button for Category jumps seemingly randomly from one side to the other.

It is inconsistent per record, in the sense that every time I return to a given record, it's not predictable whether the "+" button will be on the left or the right.

It doesn't seem to be related to the length of any string, e.g. that of the Category drop-down, nor any of the other fields.

Neither does it seem to have anything to do with whether there happen to be any empty fields for that record.

It's bizarre.

Let me know if you'd like a login to my system for a poke around.

wallaby9

This is actually driving me slightly bonkers. It's fine now in dev but I can't give an app to customers like this until I can fix it.

I tried changing the position of the Category and Box fields, and it's made no difference, other than the Box field is also doing it seemingly randomly now:

1654533314785.png

wallaby9

@eugenio is there any chance of this being investigated?

I realise it may not be seen as important, because it doesn't affect the data, but it is not an insignificant problem. It looks very unprofessional.

Does anyone else get this, ever?

I'll post a video, if I can work out how. It literally seems completely random. No pattern at all. I can click through records one way and a record will trigger the issue, then go back the other way a few, and back again, and the one that was messed up will be fine. Then a few records further on there will be another messed up one. And so on.

Doesn't seem related to text length, of the field itself, or any other field.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I have never seen the + button on the left and I couldn't replicate the issue.
Maybe the browser, according to how long does it takes to render the dropdown (number of items? ajax loading?) decides the order, don't know I must look into that more in depth but honestly I consider this a low-priority issue.

Best,