(SOLVED) Maintenance Message

Martin68

Hello everybody,

I just tried to change the Maintenance-Message, which is displayed when entering the Maintenance-mode.

Have found the following in the config.php:

// when $maintenance_mode is 1, non-administrator users can't access the application, $debug_mode and $display_sql will be automatically enabled and the page execution time will be printed in the page's footer
// please note that the login page is still available and, for HTTP API, the tokens generation is still available
// when maintenance_mode is 0, you can still set maintenance mode from the application itself (admin area -> status)
$maintenance_mode = 0;

// the message users will see when the application is maintenance mode
$maintenance_message = 'This application is currently under maintenance.';

I have entered a translated text in my config_custom.php:

$maintenance_message = 'Die Anwendung befindet sich derzeit im Wartungsmodus und ist gesperrt!';

When entering maintenance-mode I get the following message on top of the page:

YOU ARE IN MAINTENANCE MODE​

My alternative translated text doesn't have any effect, seems the value of $maintenance_message isn't used in the application.

Can anyone confirm the behavior or give me a hint how to give users a translated maintenance-message?

Kind regards

Martin

p.s.: my settings ....

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.3-Elba enterprise, installed on 21.01.2022 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.3-Elba released on 17.01.2022

You are runnning the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.3

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.3.32-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Web server: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.3 Safari/605.1.15

URL installation: http://ds.martin-fischer.com/rpa2/

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Martin,
the $maintenance_message is the message non-admin users (or, in general, users not allowed to see the application when in maintenance) see.

The big

YOU ARE IN MAINTENANCE MODE​

is for the admin (or allowed) users and it's hard-coded in English as the rest of the messages to the developers.

Best,

Martin68

I understand the temptation but I would strongly suggest you test as an end user, it's much simpler to do as you go rather than sort it all the end!
Shure, you are right, but I am no professional and I am just developing this one application for personal / team purposes ... soon I will release version 1.0, then I will change from Admin to normal user...

Kind regards!