Simplifying page layout

I would like to simplify the layout of a page.
I have a View Project page. This takes all its info from a mysql view. It lists all projects and you can search for different projects. If you click on the details icon it opens a new page where you can view the details of that project. The permissions for this page for the standard user are:

Table level:
Read: Yes
Delete: No
Edit: No
Create: No
Details: Yes
CSV: No

Field level:
For Technology ID and Technology Name - the fields that are shown on the View Projects page
Results: Yes
Quick Search: Yes
Search: Yes
CSV No

For all fields that are shown on the project details page.
Results: No
Quick Search: No
Search: Yes
CSV No

I have an Add Projects page. This adds info to a mysql table. The only button I want to display on this page is the Create New + button. I don't want to display any of the search options. The permissions for this page for the standard user are:
Table level:
Read: Yes
Delete: No
Edit: Yes
Create: Yes
Details: No
CSV: No

Field level - all fields
Results: No
Edit: Yes
Create: Yes
Quick Search: No
Search: No
CSV No

This page is displaying a blank list of all the projects - how / what do I change so it just displays the Create New + button?

Thanks

View projects screen.png

Add project page.png

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.3-Elba pro, installed on 09-03-2022 (installation code: 178066228c557cae36), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.6-Elba released on 14-06-2022

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.16

mysql version: 5.7.24

Web server: Apache/2.4.33 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.0.2u mod_fcgid/2.3.9 PHP/7.4.16

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

URL installation: http://localhost:81/Dadabik/

Hi Eugenio, thanks for your reply.
I have upgraded to Dadabik 11.6. This resulted in the Advanced Search button not appearing. But a blank results grid, number of pages, page scroll buttons still appear. I don't want these to show. See second screenshot below.

I have managed to get the custom page option partially working. Firstly, I hadn't enabled the permissions for the custom page which is why nothing worked. This now works exactly as I hoped but it only works if the page that contains the original "+Create New" button (that is used to generate the link for the custom page) is also enabled and appears in the menu. This is no good because I only want one Add Project menu option.

The first screenshot below shows my menu.
The Add Project menu option links to a page generated from the Projects table - screenshot 2
The Add Project 2 button links to a custom page that links to the html code that appears in the browser when you select "+Create New" from screenshot 2, this results in exactly what I want to see - screenshot 3

How can I get this to work without having the Add Project page enabled?

1657016186973.png

1657016287059.png

1657016389568.png

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
if the technol table only needs insert, you should enable insert only, not read. A custom - internal link - page should then link to your insert form.

Best,

Hi Eugenio
Based on the above, please can you advise how I can edit existing entries in my technology table.

The "View Projects" menu option links to a page that is generated from a view in mysql. This view joins information from various tables such as the technology table (techid, techname, date created, inventor foreign key, project manager foreign key, organisation foreign key etc.), the inventor table (inventor name), project manager table (project manager name), organisation table etc..

The "Add Projects" menu option links to a page that is generated from the technology table. The form used to add new technologies takes info from other table via the select single menu options. So for example if I want to add the project manager details to the technology table, I select the project manager name from the project manager table but only add the project manager foreign key to the technology table.

How can I edit existing entries in the technology table? I need to select the technology to be edited 9by searching for techid or tech name, bring up all the details that appear in the "View Project" menu option but then be able to modify these details using the same logic as for the "Add Projects" menu option.
Thanks