Search on accented characters

Caloo

Sorry, it is a typical french problem;)
But does someone have a trick to search words with accented characters in a rich text field without typing the long HTML sequence like "é" for "é" or "ç" for "ç" . It doesn't work if I put simply é or ç

Thank you
Pascal

Caloo

Hi Eugenio,
At first pardon, italian language uses accents too, I didn't think that :confused:
Secondly, big thank for your help. YES ! It works, adding 'entity_encoding : "raw",' in the header.php file resolves my problem, I have now 'é' instead 'é' in my rich text fields and searching words with such caracthers becomes very more easy. I have now to recall all my records already in my DB (one by one I suppose) and simply register them without changing anything, So they will be ok.

And also, I found the "browser_spellcheck : true," parameter that permits me to limit greatly my spelling errors ;)
I have now to review all the parameter to see if some other ones could be useful for me.

Cheers
Pascal

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eugenio,
At first pardon, italian language uses accents too, I didn't think that :confused:
Exactly, lots of accents in Italian as well :)

Secondly, big thank for your help. YES ! It works, adding 'entity_encoding : "raw",' in the header.php file resolves my problem, I have now 'é' instead 'é' in my rich text fields and searching words with such caracthers becomes very more easy. I have now to recall all my records already in my DB (one by one I suppose) and simply register them without changing anything, So they will be ok.

And also, I found the "browser_spellcheck : true," parameter that permits me to limit greatly my spelling errors ;)
I have now to review all the parameter to see if some other ones could be useful for me.

Great!

Best,