Reporting-Tool for Dadabik

Martin68

Hello together,

I tried to generate some paper friendly reports and found my limits .. working with the reporting-class is very hard for me ... specially looking for s solution to report a 1:N relation between database entry and related table.

Has anyone tried an open source-reportingtool and embedded the crated reports in DaDaBIK ?

Kind regards

Martin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
could you be more specific? What kind of reports are you referring to (PDF, tabular, pivot, charts)? Can you make an example?

Best,

Martin68

Hi Eugenio,

I often work with a "history"-Table like this (simplified!):

- table: tests
- detail-table: status_of_test (N:1 to tests, referred by primary key of tests)

Entering data in status will be copied into table tests, so anyone can see actual status of the tests-entry (trigger).

Now I have to report für the tests and need a possibility to generate a printable document which shows the test-entry with ist actual status an the detail-entries as the history of solving my results ... hope I have explained it ...

Kind regards

Martin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I am not sure if I have understood correctly but it seems to me a master / detail form.
Are the two tables set as master / detail?
You can print a master / detail form (I mean printing the web page) but you cannot automatically generate the PDF (only the master will be generated). So, is this the problem you are experiencing, the PDF generation of a master / detail form?

Best,