manage users and groups as non-admin

prettem

Hello,
is it possible to manage users and groups as an non admin user? I am able to change the rights for the users table, but the table does not shown in menu to select as a normal user. what do I have to do to make this work?

best regards
Manuel

About/upgrade​

DaDaBIK™ is a product conceived and developed by Eugenio Tacchini
Copyright © 2001-2022 Eugenio Tacchini
Proudly ❤️ made in Emilia
dadabik.com

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.6-Elba enterprise, installed on 16.06.2022 (installation code: 1780462288396de6b1), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.7-Elba released on 18.08.2022

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.3.27

mysql version: 5.7.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36 OPR/89.0.4447.83

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you can't do it directly, those tables appear only to admin users.

Typical workaround is to create views that mimic those tables, check this video for more details:

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
PS It refers to an old version of DaDaBIK, something might have change (there are additional fields now in the dadabik_users table) but anyway VIEWS is the way to go.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I would love to see a video about editable Views (something I only realised was possible recently!) - might be quite useful for other folk as well as me :)

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
@deep64blue I think that 99% of the people think views are not insertable / updatable so don't worry you are not alone :D

You can basically treat a view as it was a table in DaDaBIK (and this makes views very powerful), however some views are not insertable / updatable. The thing is that this changes according to the DBMS you are using. For MySQL, here are the rules:

Best,