Is it possible to have a "Select All" checkbox or custom button?

imre

Hi,

The users of my app would like to have a "Select All" option on the results grid, which check all the checkboxes for the rows that are the results of the current filtering. It is needed to apply a custom button action for all the (filtered) records.

Is there a "Select All" checkbox in Dadabik that can be shown on the results grid?
Or is it possible to implement a custom button, which make that selection possible?

Thanks for your help,
Imre

-----------------------

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 10.2-Manarola platinum, installed on 2020-08-27 00:44:55

System info
PHP Version: 7.3.17
postgres version: 12.3
Web server: Apache/2.4.43 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1g PHP/7.3.17
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.106 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
at the moment there isn't a "select all" button. Yes, maybe you can create it by yourself using a custom javascript button but I don't think it's trivial, consider the pagination: some records might be not in the current page.

Best,

imre

Hi Eugenio,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case, I would just simply skip the selection from the process and apply the button action for all the filtered records. Is it possible? Can I get the information which records are in the current filter result? Or the search condition that is applied on the table? Or the active search operators and their current values?

I would use this information in a custom PHP function.

Thanks,
Imre

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Imre,
yes, you are right, you should find the "where clause", after a search, in the global variable $where_clause. However, consider that the final recordset also depends on the "ownership" authorization (the MY permissions) and custom filters, which are not included in $where_clause, and things could also change in future releases so I wouldn't suggest to take this way.

You can add the "select all" or the "current recordset variable" as requested features on canny if you think they are useful.

Best,

prettem

Hello Eugenio,
is this "select all" or the "current recordset variable" available in the current dadabik release yet? I need the same feature :)

thanks an best regards
Manuel

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it has been implemented in V 11.1

Best,