ionCube error message

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
This error message is very helpful but not very user friendly ;)

"Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance."

Is there a way to show a more user friendly page for this or connection issues with a different page admins could look at i.e. on error index.php shows the maintenance message but admins can go to showmetheerror.php to get the details.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
this error is generated by ioncube but I am not sure about the reason to change it: if you see this message, you are the developer, the application hasn't been developed yet and if you are the developer you know what the message is talking about, am I missing something? :)

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
I encountered it when my host upgraded the PHP version - the message showed to my end users until I added the php7.4 files from ioncube to my server!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, you are right, that's probably the only case. Anyway, I suggest, when there are big upgrades (like changing the PHP version) to protect your application with a password (I mean an Apache password) that you only know, check if everything is working as expected and then remove the protection.

Best,

scorpia2009

Hi to all,
I also have an issue installing ioncube and i was wondering wether i have the correct php version supported.
I have php 8 installed.
Ioncube as of now supports php 7.4?

Thanks in advance!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
DaDaBIK doesn't support PHP 8 yet (ioncube neither), it will be supported soon.

Best,