Installation of DadaBIK stops at starting install2.php

Edwin

Hi, unfortunately I am encountering a problem with the installation of DaDaBIK.

DaDaBIK version: 11.7 Elba Enterprise
Browser: Microsoft Edge
Local server: MAMP Pro 5
PHP 8.1
MySQL server: 5.7.24
Ioncube loader: 12

Install.php runs OK:

1664639866952.png

If I click next:

1664639947785.png

This page is not available.

I have no idea at the moment where to look and find the problem.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please check in the error logs of your web server (if you are using MAMP, https://documentation.mamp.info/en/MAMP-PRO-Windows/FAQ/General/Where-can-I-find-the-log-files/) to see what really happens when you run install2.php

Something you can do to test that ioncube run correctly is this one: download
it's a very simple test script. Unzip it and copy it in the dadabik folder, exactly where install2.php is. Run it and paste here what you get.

Best,

Edwin

Hello Euginio,

Thank you for your reply. I have done all that and this test.php gave me the result 'test' printed on the screen.
I believe it has something to do with the Ioncube loader or compatibility of install2.php. I don't know for sure of course.

In the meantime I have switched everything back to PHP 7.4.16 and that was working fine right away.
So now I am thinking what to do. It was my intention to use PHP 8.1.

Do you have any idea?
I am willing to start all over again, because I have build nothing yet ;-)

BR, Edwin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Mmh, if the test script works, that's very strange!
Did you check the error logs?

I would also add and run temporary phpinfo() page and check if PHP is actually loading the latest ioncube loader, maybe you can paste here the screenshot of the phpinfo ioncube section.

Finally, I see that ioncube has released two versions after the initial 12.0 (12.0.1 and 12.0.2) so if you are not using 12.0.2 I would also try that.

Best,

Edwin

As far as I can see, you can only download 12.0.2 (I used this version also in my first attempt to install DaDaBIK).

1664709913645.png
Here is a screenshot of PHPinfo, it seems to load the correct one:

1664710186059.png

1664710059145.png

Of course now we have a slight different situation. I am not starting the installation anymore, but now I start the login page. The result is the same:

1664710611417.png

The error log files:

PHP:

1664711024928.png

Apache:

1664711103796.png

MySQL:

1664711195950.png
Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
BR Edwin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the PHP errors don't seem to be related to DaDaBIK but I would like to see the errors on install2.php, not login.php.
I know DaDaBIK is now installed (using php 7.4) but you can still launch install2.php (even if it works, it asks confirmation before installing). Please check the PHP error logs before and after having launched install2.php, to see if there are dadabik-related errors.

Best,

Edwin

Good morning Euginio,

Nothing is added to the PHP error log.

Maybe it is all related to this error in Apache error log:

1664784070319.png

Edwin

I started to look in the Windows events log files and found definitely something which is wrong:

1664788738528.png

Apache 2.4.33.0 and PHP >= 8.1.x generates errors.
As soon as I switch back to any PHP 7.x.x version it seems to work all fine.

I don't think I can solve this.
Maybe I should start to develop with PHP 7 and see what happens if MAMP and/or Ioncube updates their applications?

Edwin

Hi Euginio,

For your information:
For now I think that this is not something which is wrong in DaDaBIK.
In the meantime I have reported this also at the MAMP support desk. They kindly asked me to report this not as a support request but as a bug.

I will keep you informed here, as soon as I have more information.

The live stream at the beginning of the evening was interesting...should other members read this...enjoy next live stream 😊

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Edwin,
thanks!
I'll get in touch with the ioncube people to ask if they are aware of any issue related to the PHP8 + ioncube12 + windows combination.
I think I understood the error messages in the win error logs but just to be sure, can you translate them?

Edwin

Name of application with error: httpd.exe, version 2.4.33.0 timestamp ....
Name of module with error: ioncube_loader_win_8.1.dll, version 0.0.0.0, timestamp ....

Exeption code ...
Id of process ...

Path to application with error: C:\MAMP\Bin\Apache\Bin\httpd.exe
Path to module with error: C:\MAMP\Bin\php\php8.1.7\ext\ioncube_loader_win_8.1.dll

Thanks for contacting ioncube, it could be also something in the ioncube dll for sure.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Euginio,

Thank you for your reply. I have done all that and this test.php gave me the result 'test' printed on the screen.
I believe it has something to do with the Ioncube loader or compatibility of install2.php. I don't know for sure of course.

In the meantime I have switched everything back to PHP 7.4.16 and that was working fine right away.
So now I am thinking what to do. It was my intention to use PHP 8.1.

Do you have any idea?
I am willing to start all over again, because I have build nothing yet ;-)

BR, Edwin
Hello,
just to be sure: you made the "test" test using php 8.1, correct?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am in touch with the ionCube staff and they are aware of this thread. They asked me a complete phpinfo() of the system where you are installing DaDaBIK, if you don't have any security concern, could you send it to info at dadabik dot com ? We need the plain HTML, not a screenshot.

Best,

Edwin

For your information, the answer of MAMP Pro Helpdesk. I don't see anything I did wrong. Looks like a standard response :).

As there are thousands of different php extensions they do not use the same pattern when it comes to integration, configuration, initialization and runtime behavior.
Regarding php and php extensions it is always important to go to the basics when it comes to compiling them for use with the selected php version.
If you do try use any extension that is not shipped with MAMP/MAMPPRO package, try to use this approach to make them working with the selected php version in MAMP/MAMPPRO.

• they must be 64bit
  • they must be TS (for use with Apache in module handler mode)
  • they have to use the same VS/VC++ toolset (for PHP7 it is VC15, for PHP8 it is VC16)
  • it is important to check and provide necessary static and runtime dependencies; they are mostly provided in form of external dll's. To check for them usually is used dumpbin/VS, windbg, depends util, IDA PRO, or other 3rd party disassembler.
  • take care of necessary configuration entries as required by specific php extension
  • consult any documentation for integration of php extension with specific php if that is available

Last edited:

Edwin

Hello,
I am in touch with the ionCube staff and they are aware of this thread. They asked me a complete phpinfo() of the system where you are installing DaDaBIK, if you don't have any security concern, could you send it to info at dadabik dot com ? We need the plain HTML, not a screenshot.

Best,

I've sent the complete phpinfo()

Edwin

Hello Euginio,

Today I saw IonCube has released an update for the loaders.
I have updated from IonCube Loader 12.02 to the latest version 12.04.
Everything seems to work fine now with PHP 8.1 but of course I need to give it some time and test.

At least the fatal error is gone and DaDaBIK can be started.

1671436623249.png

It took a while but fortunately it was worth the waiting :).
Thanks again for contacting IonCube and I will keep you informed, also if everything works fine.
BR, Edwin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Yes, I was in touch with the people at IonCube during the last week and using the DaDaBIK code, they finally isolated an issue of the ioncube loader that is triggered in some situations.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
just a clarification: ionCube V 12.0.4 has been released 10 days ago so its fixes are not related to the ongoing discussions I am having with ionCube; however:

1) the latest ionCube versions both contain fixes so this could have fixed the install2.php problem reported here
2) I have just released an updated V 11.8 that should fix the other ionCube related issue that a few people experienced (the one with install.php)

Best,