Greek characters are shown as ?????? in pdf production

scorpia2009

Hi to all,
I am struggling to create pdf files that show correct both English and Greek letters. The application supports both languages by design. However, I constantly get ????? instead of the Greek letters. How can I fix this.
I have already tried to change the family font, the html language and have converted my database to store the correct utf-8. I can read all the characters correctly and inside the application but I constantly get the ?????? in all the produced pdf files.
Thanks in advance.

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.2-Elba enterprise, installed on 03-10-2022 (installation code: 178076229e48262d91), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.4-Elba released on 02-28-2022
You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.
System info
PHP Version: 7.4.27
mysql version: 5.5.5-10.4.22-MariaDB
Web server: Apache/2.4.52 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1m PHP/7.4.27
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.82 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
have you read the short paragraph "PDF and UTF-8 characters" in the documentation?

Best,

scorpia2009

Hi again,
I totally missed the section in the documentation you mentioned, I am sorry. I also followed your instructions from the corresponding post and indeed I can export the pdf using the default template with all the letters shown correctly.
However, I cant figure out how to apply the font changes to my own templates.
Again, many thanks in advance!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you have to add to your template a <style> part where you set the font to use, as you have in the default_header_no_template.html template (see the post you mentioned for details).

Best,

scorpia2009

Hello,
After some trial and error I came up with the following working solution.

I just put:
<tr><td>Reasons </td><td style="font-family: freesans;">dadabik_field subject_request dadabik_field</td></tr>
(I took this from the example template in the Dadabik manual.)

I am not sure that this is what you suggested. If there is a more generic solution or a more correct one it would be the greatest thing if you could share it!!!!
Many thanks!!!!!