General query on displaying results

Hi
I have a technologies table (PRIMARYKEY, TECHID, TECHNAME, PROJECT_MANAGER, DATE_CREATED etc..)
I have an activities table (PRIMARYKEY, TECHNOLFK, PROJECT_MANAGER, DATE_CREATED, SUBJECT etc..)
A project manager will record activities against a technology they are working on. The activities table links to the technologies table via TECHNOLFK - so TECHNOLFK in the activities table = PRIMARYKEY in the technologies table.
In my results page for activities I want to display 3 columns - Date (DATE_CREATED from activities table), Technology ID (TECHID from the technologies table), Technology Name (TECHNAME from technologies table)
Currently I am only managing to display Technology ID and Technology Name in a single column by setting TECHNOLFK as a select_single field with lookup table name - technology, lookup table primary key field - PRIMARYKEY and look up table linked fields TECHID and TECHNAME. This then concatenates the TECHID and TECHNAME into a single column in the results table.
How can I set this up so I display TECHID and TECHNAME in separate columns?
I know that I could do it by adding a new column to the activities table - so having TECHNOLFK1 and TECHNOLFK2. These would both still link to PRIMARYKEY in the activities table but I could then set them up separately in the forms configurator to link to TECHID and TECHNAME separately.
There must be an easier way than this?
Thanks