Error Logging In as LDAP for user with DaDaBik user account

Hello,

We have a user that has a DaDaBik account that also wants to login with LDAP. When they do this they get an Integrity constraint violation: 1062. Duplicate entry for Key 'Email_user'. The user interface will not let us delete the e-mail address for the DaDaBik account or leave it blank. Is there a way to get a DaDaBIK user and an LDAP user to co-exist in the dadabik_users table? I am assuming the software is trying to create the LDAP record in the user table but since a Non-LDAP user already exists it violates the integrity. My guess is that this scenario is not possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

Account information:
Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.7-Elba platinum, installed on 10-05-2022 (installation code: 18272633dff70ccbd0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.7-Elba released on 08-18-2022

System info
PHP Version: 7.4.6

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.5.13-MariaDB

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

JtheBAB

You can always go in the backend (adminer / phpmyadmin) and try to delete the emailaddress there and see how it works.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
the error is strictly related to the email address, you cannot have email duplications in your users table. If you change the email for one of the users, the error will disappear. Also the username must be unique.

Best,

Thanks for the suggestions.
I discovered that changing the e-mail field on the user account to an illegal value like 'fake' or deleting the field entirely is not allowed. I am guessing that this is because the e-mail field is part of a key.

Our solution in the end was to delete the user account with type DaDaBik as it was not needed once the LDAP account was working. With the account deleted the user was then able to get in because the LDAP server allowed them to authenticate, and a new user record with type LDAP was created by DaDaBik so they could then login with no error message from the 2 conflicting records from then on. We had only added that account as a temporary login while we fixed the LDAP login issue documented here. Once the fix was in place, deleting the temporary account stopped the error.