editable grid view

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hi Eugenio

Maybe the answer is NO anyway but I wanted to be sure.

Is there a way (or are you planning this) to allow editing records in the grid view? Or, just tick mark certain records, in order to filter them?

Thanks and best regards

Juergen

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Juergen,
at the moment it is not possible, I would like to introduce "live editing" on the results grid at some point ma this is not planned yet. I know it is convenient but in some cases it is not that easy to handle (think about a dropdown menu) and finally the difference, from the user point of view, is just one click (on the edit icon).

About tick marking, what do you mean? Tick several records to edit them in one page?

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hi, Eugenio

Thanks for your reply. Live editing would be, however, not too bad. Some users would like to do so for quickly updating simple fields (yes/no etc.).

The second question concerns users who want to preselect records form the grid view, let's say for sending bulk mails to a selected group of records. I never thought about editing several records on one page. This could certainly be helpful as well.

Thanks again, Juergen

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
About the second question: yes it is definitely in the todo list, the idea is to send the records to a callback function defined on a button.

Best,

jason

Wow, that would be a great feature, editing a large number of records from grid view. Like a datasheet view in MS Access.

Having to drill down into each record is incredibly time consuming.

I do however understand the challenges with programming that.